Toile of a Jersey Top

For my Design Application and Process unit, I am currently making samples (toiles) of a jersey top with a hood. I Have completed my first two toiles using stretch fabric and have documented my construction development process with the following images below:

ImageImage

First, I had to cut out the patterns of the front of the back, adding 0.5 cm seam allowance to the edges. Then I used the over-locker machine to attach the two sides together.

ImageImage

ImageImage

The next step was to attach the hood. In order for me to get the right fitting around the neckline, I had to alter the neckline from the center front by dropping it down to 4cm. I also decided to borrowed someones hoodie to give me an idea of what my end toile would look like. The placing of the hood have me a good indication of how high I wanted it to be on my design.

Image

The Image above is the result of my first toile. I then continued to work on my second one, where I manipulated the front pattern along the neckline for the placing of the hood.

Image

.The adapted alteration of the neckline of the second toile was successful, which means I can start working on the 3rd sample. On that one, I will be focusing on the length and finishing of the garment before I finalize my chosen design.

Advertisements

One thought on “Toile of a Jersey Top

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s